Wildlife Expert Safari
Wildlife Expert Safari. A programme for German and English speaking participants to provide a different, deeper insight into the animal and plant world of the African savanna. If you have always wanted to know much more about the animals, plants, area and the people that live here - then this week-long course is made just for you!
Every year, the Wildlife Expert Safari takes place in a private nature reserve in the greater Kruger National Park area. In this course you will learn everything you need to know on safari - but don't worry: you are guaranteed to have a lot of fun as well!
In the middle of this natural paradise with magnificent landscapes and an incredible biological and cultural diversity, this week will inspire and excite you. During the course you will stay in comfortable 2 bed chalets with a private bathroom. Culinary delights are also part of the overall experience: with a good glass of South African wine, the delicious meals taste even better at the fireplace!
Bring your camera, hat, walking boots and plenty of sunscreen. Bring your binoculars too - and you're ready to go!
With a maximum number of participants of only 10 guests, the course caters to you individually. An experienced and qualified ranger-instructor, who speaks fluent German and English will be able to teach you far more during this week than is possible on other safari adventures. The course language and materials are in German. This allows you to gain a deeper understanding of the people and animals and the country they live in.
Wildlife Expert Topics
- History of the Kruger National Park
- Conservation and management of a game reserve
- Survival and safety in the bush
- Approaching the Big Five on foot
- Bush navigation & astronomy
- Trees & Plants of the Bushveld
- Insects, spiders and scorpions
Wildlife Expert Activities
- Day excursion to the Kruger National Park with overnight stay
- Snake study (incl. certificate) in the Reptile Park
- Tracking animals
- Trees, plants and shrubs, medical knowledge and cultural background
- Bird Identification
- Bush walks with focus on insects, spiders, scorpions
Not included in the safari:
- International and national flights and transfers to Hoedspruit (South Africa)
- Other drinks (hard liquor, speciality wines). Beers and house-wines are included
- Travel- and medical insurances
Minimum age for the Wildlife Expert Safari is 18 years and a single room is available on request (supplement is 30%). Number of participants: min. 4 participants, max. 10 participants.